Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tamil (South Asian Language) support in Android


 My friend informed me from India that he is able to see Tamil(South East asian language) fonts in his latest updating of the android OS in his samsung galaxy phone.

 I thought that it is a good news for all the Tamil people living around the world.

 But as usual Samsung has released the build version of android particularly for people in Asia.As far as I know that this build is for Samsung galaxy phone.

 The official update of Gingerbread is  Asia specific 2.3.3 DDJV9.

So people who have samsung galaxy series in India and want to see tamil fonts in their phones please update your phone through KIES (a software through which samsung updates your phones in India).

I was also notified that  you are able to save your contacts in Tamil.

I hope this firmware update brings the same language support for all the other Indian languages like Telugu,Malayalam,Hindi,Kannada etc as well.

I am not aware of the other regional specific features.If you guys know post it here in comments.








1 comment: