Sunday, July 24, 2011

Samsung Transform – The phone that transformed my phone habits.


 After I wrote about Samsung Instinct.I received a lot of mails both positive and negative about Samsung.
Readers of my blog were asking does Samsung always better phones. Etc.

My answer to them is No. Take for example my present phone the Samsung transform. It completely changed my phone habits.

When I had my Samsung Instinct I used to use the phone for everything right from emails to gps to hearing music and of course to talk and that’s a lot.

When the Samsung instinct died I wanted another Samsung which doesn’t burn a hole in my pocket.
Samsung came with 2 phones at that time. One is the Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint)
( galaxy ) the other is the
Samsung Transform (Sprint)
.


Samsung Epic is their flagship phone this time with 4 inch amoled screen and a 1 GHz processor etc.
Because of its size I decided to go against the Epic and chose the transform. Moreover the transform was just introduced and the reviews were good. It had a sliding keyboard a nice addition. I immediately ordered the phone.

Once I got the phone the first looks were good. Then after 3 days I inserted my headset into this phone and I was not able to hear anything.I tried contacting sprint and Samsung may be I had a faulty set.They were of no help.But sprint accepted my return. And sent me another phone.When the phone is on my way I was scheduled to go abroad for a month and half after a week.

Now I have only one week to see if the phone is right for me. The transform came. The first test I did was obvious J .I inserted my headset into the phone.

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not able to hear anything this time as well.But I don’t have time to send this phone back and get a replacement as well.

I thought what the hell I am not going to listen to any music and let me go ahead with the phone. The phone was heavier than the instinct but that was ok because now I am having a SMART PHONE. So it will be heavy. The day before I was scheduled to fly, I was not able to pick any calls in this phone. I can only see who is calling me and I have to call them back and say that I missed their call.

I went ahead with my trip and came back after a month and half. I didn’t switch the phone on in the mean time.

Now the fun starts.

The phone was extremely slow. Slow means it is really S-L-O-W.

A lot of times I miss the calls. Some of the apps don’t run. And some of the  apps run very slowly.
I was told that everything will be alright once they upgrade the phone to Android 2.2.
I was reading through the forums. When I bought the phone it had Android 2.1 OS. Samsung was supposed to upgrade to Android 2.2 in January. But it didn’t .Few of the forum readers contacted Samsung and they said they had some issues with the upgrading of Android 2.2 in Epic phone.

What the hell!!!

We were talking about Samsung Transform not the Galaxy. But the rep said that since the Epic is their flagship phone they want to upgrade all the galaxies first and then they would come to their lower end models.
I received the upgrade end of April. Now I am running Android 2.2 in my phone. According to people now my phone should be able to do everything faster.

I will give you one example of fast.

IT TAKES ME 2 TO 4 MINUTES TO MAKE A CALL.



People may argue that since I got the lower end of Samsung I got what I paid for. When I got the phone Epic was selling for $200 and transform for $150. And instinct was not advertised as the lower end.It was told as the mid level phone.

Let me for argument sake accept that the transform is the lower end phone.My question here is does all the lower end phones are slow and not able to make calls?

Transform has a 800Mhz processor and my friend has the LG optimus S which has 600Mhz processor.The Optimus S is faster that the instinct.

Here are some reviews on the instinct.I am experiencing all the cons they have said in their review.
So the verdict on this one is If Samsung makes a flagship phone just go for the flagship phone so you will get enough support and the product will be good.If you choose anything lower than the flagship then you are Royally screwed.


No comments:

Post a Comment